I love this beautiful design that used to be on Hillsborough St in Raleigh, NC. Unfortunately, it had to be painted over for the (also cool) Nehi Bottling Plant building historic renovation.
Do you know who painted this design? If so, please get in contact with me!
Update: 3 minutes after publishing this post, one of my Twitter followers notified me that Sonja Henry is the creator of the Raleigh design. Thanks friends! The power of Twitter :)
Rep Your Undergrad 2012
Amber (a member of my graduate school cohort) and I compiled a list of things to do in Raleigh, North Carolina for someone we know that just started a new job in the area. Amber and I both graduated from NC State and love the Raleigh area. We collaborated to make a list and this is what we came up with:
- Go to a football game at Carter-Finley stadium
- Participate in First Friday Raleigh
- Explore Pullen Park
- Eat at the Farmer’s Market Restaurant
- Go to a Carolina Hurricanes game!
- Attend the NC State Fair
- Sit in the Wolf Ears
- Go to a Durham Bulls Baseball game
- Go to the NC Arts Museum
- Eat and/or socialize at Busy Bee
- Enjoy coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Morning Times
- Meet friends for drinks at Raleigh Times
- Go to North Hills on a Thursday night for the Midtown Beach Music Series
- Run in the Krispy Kreme Challenge
- Get a Thin Mint Mocha at Global Village
- Accomplish the #DTRBucketList
- Eat at Boylan Bridge and check out the amazing view of downtown Raleigh
This design is a recent addition to Hillsborough St.
- Get a tour of the Belltower from Vice-Chancellor Emeritus Dr. Tom Stafford
- Shop at Cameron Village, North Hills, and Crabtree Valley Mall
- Attend a show at the Durham Performing Arts Center
- Try the new Cowfish restaurant
- Paint the Free Expression Tunnel
- Eat Howling Cow Ice Cream
- Go to museums in Raleigh.
- Hillsborough Street Favorites: East Village Grill, Mitch’s Tavern, & Player’s Retreat.
- Eat buffalo bites at Sammy’s
- Go to a NC State basketball game at the PNC Arena
- Explore Hunt Library (and D.H. Hill!)
- Travel to the NC coast one weekend
- Travel to the NC mountains one weekend
- Eat at the Flying Biscuit
- Complete all NC State traditions in The Brick
Rep Your Undergrad 2013
One way I stay connected to Raleigh from Athens is by following @RDU_Baton on Instagram. RDU Baton is a fun photo relay project started by my friend Susannah Brinkley and her friend Brittany Iery. I love being able to see different perspectives of the Triangle each day, and the photos by baton holders usually introduce me to amazing things about the Triangle area I didn’t know about.
I need to travel back to Raleigh because I have not done everything on the bucket list. Amber and I both admit that this is a limited list of the best things to do in Raleigh. What did we forget? What do you love about the Raleigh area?