This summer I have the privilege of joining the New Student & Spartan Family Programs team at UNCG. I went through the NODA internship process during my search for a summer internship, which is an academic requirement of the CSAA program at UGA. Students interested in a summer internship in student affairs can also apply through ACUHO-I, ACUI, or reach out to offices and seek out opportunities on their own.
I will be helping the office in various ways while living on UNCG’s campus with the Spartan Orientation Staff (SOS). Through my position as the NODA Intern, I will gain experience developing training programs, assisting with the supervision of the SOS, providing on-site support during SOAR (Spartan Orientation, Advising, and Registration), evaluating SOS training, SOAR, etc. and of course, other duties as assigned!
My goals for the summer include:
- Increase my knowledge in the area of assessment, evaluation, and research.
- Build meaningful and appropriate relationships with students.
- Learn as much as I can about UNCG!
- Research and gain experience in the functional area of Orientation Programs.
- Explore Greensboro.
- Find time for myself and keep running! (I think this will be my biggest challenge during SOAR/the month of June)
Do you currently have a summer internship in student affairs? What are your goals this summer? Or if you had a summer internship in the past, do you have any tips to share with current interns?